News (20180301)

Around explore, make, programming.
Site Admin

News (20180301)

Postby rwblinn » 10 Oct 2017, 11:50

Attending openHPI course Internet Security (26 Feb - 9 Apr).

Completed experiment Raspberry Pi receives Arduino BMP180 Sensor Data via XBee Mesh Network (openHAB,Node-RED,C++). Worked out a solution to handle various byte array conversions between Arduino (C++) and Node-RED (JavaScript). This experiment is related to my openHAB Home Automation project, to further embed external sensor & actuators by using a dedicated network.

Experiment XBee (ZigBee) Mesh Network with 1 Raspberry Pi as Coordinator and 2 Arduino's as Routers (openHAB,Node-RED,C++) (Apr, awaiting XBee S2C module delivery).

Using Visual Studio Code, a powerful editor with openHAB extension (and many more), to remote edit openHAB textual configuration files located on the Raspberry Pi server.

Raspberry Pi Desktop
Installed Debian with Raspberry Pi Desktop on an old Sony vaio; nice alternative as been using Windows (up-to latest version 10) many years.

ABMaterial (B4J)
Example application SBrick control Lego Power Function running on a Raspberry Pi.
The application uses an SBrick. The communication between the Raspberry Pi and the SBrick is via Bluetooth. The ABMaterial Custom Component noUiSlider has been enhanced. Enhancing this solution planned as SBrick are working on an adapter to connect to the Lego NXT/EV3 sensors & motor family.

To Note: This is a private homepage where I share my experiences in exploring hard-/software "things", registration for this forum is not intended nor planned.

Return to “News & Updates”