To build a Home Automation solution, running on a Raspberry Pi with openHABian and openHAB2.
Whilst progressing, capturing my learning's (PDF format). Published also at the openHAB Community.
As an openHAB Beginner
- The main goal is to learn openHABian & openHAB2.
- Get a Home Automation solution up & running and extend.
- There might be better solutions for things shared – but the solution works fine so far.
- Getting motivated to develop more with openHAB.
- Display temperature & humidity measured in living room, basement & garage.
- Display weather information obtained from the OpenWeatherMap service.
- Charts for selective items weather and room temperature & humidity.
- Control Somfy roller shutters with RTS motors in living room and bed room.
- Philips Hue Lighting System control via Hue Bridge for ZigBee devices.
- Security door & window wireless contact detector
- Power Consumption metering.
- MQTT subscribe & publish messages to trigger actions or information.
- Raspberry Pi system information with charts and threshold email notification.
- Add more features whilst developing ...
- Setup & configure openHABian & openHAB2.
- Use the RFXCOM RFXtrx USB RF Transceiver (RFXtrx433E) for devices Temperature & Humidity, Wind (test only).
- Security devices.
- Use external services, i.e. OpenWeatherMap.
- Use actions, i.e. MQTT.
- Use bindings like MQTT, Astro, Hue.
- Create advanced User Interfaces, i.e. HABPanel & Node-RED.
- Setting up the Raspberry Pi, RFXCOM with connected devices, Somfy roller shutters and other devices. Use the Paper UI for Binding, Things, Channel configuration.
- Create the Basic UI textual configuration files including rrd4j charts & MQTT.
- Planned HABPanel & Node-RED (not included in this document)
(This is just an illustration with also some test items and not the latest picture, the UI has grown and grown ... )